General Programme of Events and Class Running Order
|Arena 1||Arena 2||Arena 3|
|8:30–10:08 Class 3 Preliminary Cat 3 DI P18||8:30–10:08 Class 2 Preliminary Cat 2 DI P18||8:30–9:26 Class 9 Medium Cat 2 DI 67|
|9:45–10:33 Class 10 Medium Cat 3 DI 67|
|10:25–11:49 Class 6 Novice Cat 3 DI N27||10:25–12:56 Class 1 Preliminary Cat 1 DI P18||10:50–11:54 Class 8 Elementary Cat 3 DI E56|
|12:20–16:51 Class 7 Elementary Cat 2 DI E56||Harrowing 13:15–13:40||Harrowing 13:15–13:40|
|14:00–16:23 Class 1 Preliminary ctd Cat 1 DI P18||12:20–13:02 Class 11 Adv Med FEI JNR Prelim|
|13:45–13:53 Class 15 FEI Intermédiaire II|
|14:10–14:31 Class 17 FEI Pony Team Test|
|14:45–16:05 Class 13 FEI Prix St George|
|17:10–17:35 Class 22 Para Equestrian various||16:45–19:11 Class 5 Novice Cat 2 DI N27||16:30–18:01 Class 4 Novice Cat 1 DI N27|
|Arena 1||Arena 2||Arena 3|
|7:45–9:23 Class 18 Junior Trailblazers Preliminary DI P15||8:00–9:38 Class 3 Preliminary Cat 3 BD 15||8:00–13:07 Class 1 Preliminary Cat 1 BD 15|
|9:40–10:22 Class 19 Junior Trailblazers Novice DI N23||9:55–11:12 Class 6 Novice Cat 3 BD 39|
|10:40–11:01 Class 20 Senior Trailblazers Preliminary DI P15|
|11:15–11:22 Class 21 Senior Trailblazers Novice DI N23||Harrowing 11:25–11:45||Harrowing 11:25–11:45|
|11:35–12:10 Class 22 Para Equestrian various||11:50–12:14 Class 14 FEI Intermédiaire I||Class 1 Preliminary ctd Cat 1 BD 15|
|Lengthen arena after 1st test. Harrowing 11:45–12:00|
|12:25–13:14 Class 9 Medium Cat 2 BD 73||12:35–12:43 Class 16 FEI Grand Prix|
|13:30–14:26 Class 8 Elementary Cat 3 BD 45||13:00–13:42 Class 11 Adv Med FEI JNR INDIV||13:25–17:08 Class 7 Elementary 2 BD 45|
|14:00–14:21 Class 17 FEI Pony Indiv Test|
|14:40–16:11 Class 2 Preliminary Cat 2 BD 15||14:40–15:12 Class 12 Advanced BD 102|
|16:30–18:01 Class 4 Novice Cat 1 BD 39||15:35–17:41 Class 5 Novice Cat 2 BD 39||17:25–18:07 Class 10 Medium Cat 3 DI 67|
Winter Finals Classes
|1||Preliminary Category 1||DI P18 (2012)||BD 15 (2008/2016)|
|2||Preliminary Category 2||DI P18 (2012)||BD 15 (2008/2016)|
|3||Preliminary Category 3||DI P18 (2012)||BD 15 (2008/2016)|
|4||Novice Category 1||DI N27 (2012)||BD 39 (2010/2016)|
|5||Novice Category 2||DI N27 (2012)||BD 39 (2010/2016)|
|6||Novice Category 3||DI N27 (2012)||BD 39 (2010/2016)|
|7||Elementary Category 2||DI E56 (2013)||BD 45 (2010)|
|8||Elementary Category 3||DI E56 (2013)||BD 45 (2010)|
|9||Medium Category 2||DI M67 (2015)||BD 73 (2007)|
|10||Medium Category 3||DI M67 (2015)||BD 73 (2007)|
|11||Advanced Medium||FEI Jnr Prelim (2009 updated 2017)||FEI Jnr Indv (2009 updated 2017)|
|12||Advanced||BD 102 (2012)|
|13||Prix St Georges||Prix St Georges FEI (2009 updated 2017)|
|14||Intermédiaire I||Intermediate I FEI (2009 updated 2017)|
|15||Intermédiaire II||Intermediate II FEI (2014 updated 2017)|
|16||Grand Prix||Grand Prix FEI (2014 updated 2017)|
|17||Pony Rider||Pony Rider Team FEI (2012 updated 2016)||Pony Rider Individual FEI (2012 updated 2016)|
|18||Junior Trailblazers (Preliminary)||DI P15 (2012)|
|19||Junior Trailblazers (Novice)||DI N23 (2012)|
|20||Senior Trailblazers (Preliminary)||DI P15 (2012)|
|21||Senior Trailblazers (Novice)||DI N23 (2012)|
A day schedule with information on which classes will run on each day will be issued closer to the time.
- €60 / £50 for Classes 1 to 11 and 17
- €35 / £30 for Classes 12 to 16 and 18 to 21.
Postal entries to be accompanied by correct payment in form of cheque, postal order or bank draft, made out to "DRESSAGE IRELAND".
– NO CASH!
Postal entries to:
Dressage Ireland c/o GT Electric, Main Street, Cavan
Postal entries on Winter Finals 2017 Entry Form.
– or –
Tuesday 14th March 2017 at midnight.
Under NO circumstance will late entries be accepted.
All Entries must have arrived at the office before closing date Tuesday 14th March 2017 at midnight.
Please do not contact the office over late entries as refusal might offend.
Monday 21th March 2017 at midday.
Available on this website from Tuesday 28th March 2017.
Qualifications for Winter Finals 2017
Preliminary, Novice, Elementary, Medium Championship, and Pony Rider
Competitors must have achieved a qualifying standard of 63% on two occasions between 3rd August 2016 and 14th March 2017, excluding results from the National Championships 2016. Please note that two occasions means two separate shows, festivals are regarded as one show for the purpose of qualification. Pony Riders with qualifying scores obtained in FEI Pony Classes are also eligible to enter the Medium Championships.
Advanced Medium Championship and above
Competitors must have achieved a qualifying standard of 63% once between 3rd August 2016 and 14th March 2017, excluding results from the National Championships 2016. Please note that a qualification score at Intermédiaire I level gives you qualification at PSG as well and that a qualification score at Grand Prix gives you qualification for Intermédiaire II.
Junior and senior Trailblazers Classes (new for 2017)
To participate in the Junior Trailblazers Classes, riders must be under 16 on 01.01.2017, Senior Trailblazers riders must be under 21 on 01.01.2017. Date of birth must be stated on entry form. Qualifying standard is 63% or more on one occasion before 14th March 2017 in the relevant Trailblazers classes at Regional Shows.
In the event of unmanageable numbers, the organizers reserve the right to ballot out. This will be carried out on a first come first served basis.
Riders must be properly turned out to attend prize giving or send a representative to collect on their behalf, if they cannot be present themselves.
Prizes will not be presented before Prize Giving, and prizes not collected during Prize Giving, will be forfeited.
Stabling must be booked directly with Cavan Equestrian Centre and is completely independent of Dressage Ireland.
General Conditions – please read carefully
- Horse and pony rider combinations may only compete in two consecutive levels at the Winter Finals.
- It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure that they have met the qualifying criteria and that the official 2017 entry form is filled out correctly. It is the responsibility of all competitors to ensure that the qualifying scores upon which they are relying were awarded at shows affiliated to Dressage Ireland in front of a listed judge who is qualified to judge at this level. Please take note that restricted classes give no qualifications to Winter Finals.
- Please note that qualification for the Winter Finals is for horse/rider combinations (i.e. the rider who qualifies the horse must also ride it in the Winter Finals).
- All riders must declare at the office upon arrival to obtain their bridle number.
- Passports must be presented at the office and will be checked.
- Equine Premise Numbers must be submitted at the office at the time of declaration.
- Competitors are reminded to ensure that all vaccinations are up to date.
- The results of the competitions at the Winter Finals are final. No correspondence or representations will be entertained.
- Riders should be aware that their horses may be required to be tested for forbidden substances.
- A list of Vets near Cavan Equestrian will be provided. In the event that the services of a Vet are required during the winter finals it is the responsibility of the Owner, Entrant and/or responsible person to engage the Vet and determine therir suitability. Dressage Ireland Clg. accept no liability whatsoever in respect of the suitability and/or availability of the listed Vets.